Administrator / DevOps (m/f/d)
full time | remote or on-site
The Hallo Welt! GmbH is one of the leading specialists for the Wikipedia software MediaWiki. We are the company behind BlueSpice, the open source wiki for businesses, which is distributed in more than 160 countries with over 1,000,000 downloads.
What we do
We are fascinated by the task of developing easy-to-use, standardized enterprise software. Our software integrates state-of-the-art frameworks, new technologies, and standards. We optimize, automate, test, and publish it in our cloud services or as a server solution.
We also deliver the full range of services: from planning, installation, and development to maintenance and support. Our specialized team of more than 25 employees ensures that the wikis of more than 250 customers from all industries and in three continents are optimally planned, implemented, and supported.
Who we are looking for
Your children are named Ada and Linus? You have very good knowledge of server operating systems and have already administered web applications on these platforms? To maintain our cloud service and implement BlueSpice and its components for our customers, we are looking for an Administrator / DevOps for immediate placement.
Your core tasks
- Maintain the necessary cloud components and implementation of the interaction of different software components as distributed systems (load balancer, ElasticSearch cluster, MySQL replication, network)
- Ensuring performance, stability and availability in the cloud through monitoring and backup concepts
- Support of the CI/CD environment and our deployment queue
- Creation of specialized BlueSpice Docker containers for customers and integration of our software into their virtualized system landscape (Docker, VM, scalable infrastructure)
- Building a cloud infrastructure based on Kubernetes
If you also have the following skills, we should get to know each other
- You know the components and concepts of distributed systems and can use them in a targeted manner
- You ideally have experience with container orchestration
- You have professional experience with Docker, Docker swarm or Kubernetes
- You are interested in using different tools and also like to try new things
- You work very conscientiously, can organize yourself well
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
What we offer you
- Varied and interesting tasks with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Flat company hierarchies, an international and motivated team, and good humor
- Flexible working hours, flexitime models, and the option to work remotely or in a home office
- A workplace in one of the most beautiful cities in Germany with top quality of life: Regensburg. Optimal connections to local transport included
- A personal budget for further education and training
- Extras such as a subsidy for the company pension scheme
Advantages for geeks!
- A position with the innovation driver for MediaWiki applications
- Access to state-of-the-art technologies such as Docker and many others
- Creative freedom in a small, but fine team of developers and tech support employees
- Challenging projects and continuous learning on the project
- Close contacts to a globally operating developer community
Get started and apply now!
Please send your application, which should be as detailed as possible, in digital form and include your salary requirements to
Hallo Welt! GmbH
PO Box 11 02 19
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your contact person: Anja Ebersbach
CEO Finance & Personnel
Phone: +49 (0)941 660 800