Data protection and security
BlueSpice protects you from external attacks and takes GDPR requirements into account — so you can concentrate on working with your enterprise wiki.
Peace of mind with the Rights Management Workshop
Make sure that your rights system is set up correctly. In the Rights Management Workshop we analyze and specify the individual rights structure of the company wiki and assign groups to read and write rights or to the right to delete pages, for example.
Further information about the Rights Management Workshop …
Your wiki and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
To support the protection of privacy within the requirements of the GDPR, BlueSpice MediaWiki offers the “Privacy Center”. This provides wiki users the following options:
- Anonymization e.g. by making their name unrecognizable
- Request all stored data
- Information about the data recorded in the system and export options
- Deletion of the user account
The Privacy Center is delivered as an extension in all BlueSpice editions. It supports our customers in complying with GDPR requirements and represents these requirements within the software. We are continuously working on adapting BlueSpice to a rapidly changing legal environment and on meeting the current interpretations of the GDPR.
Additional security aspects
- BlueSpice supports the most diverse authentication mechanisms to meet your security requirements. In addition to the connection of user directories via LDAP, single-sign-on via Kerberos or SAML can be realized. The use of two-factor authentication is also possible.
- BlueSpice is always built on proven open source technologies with short patch cycles. By disclosing the code, security gaps can be quickly detected and closed.
- BlueSpice can be operated without access to external sources so that no information flows to external service providers. Therefore, BlueSpice can also be used in intranets that are closed to the outside world. Internet access is not absolutely necessary for the operation of BlueSpice.
- Hallo Welt! takes various technical and organizational steps to ensure the protection and security of the infrastructure and your data. We strive for state-of-the-art technology in all areas. In 2019, we were certified according to the Cyber Essentials standard.
Request an orientation call