Data protection and security
BlueSpice protects you from external attacks and takes GDPR requirements into account — so you can concentrate on working with your enterprise wiki.
Consideration of the Basic Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
To support the protection of privacy within the requirements of the GDPR, BlueSpice MediaWiki offers the “Privacy Center”. This provides wiki users the following options:
- Anonymization e.g. by making their name unrecognizable
- Request all stored data
- Information about the data recorded in the system and export options
- Deletion of the user account
The Privacy Center is delivered as an extension in all BlueSpice editions. It supports our customers in complying with GDPR requirements and represents these requirements within the software. We are continuously working on adapting BlueSpice to a rapidly changing legal environment and on meeting the current interpretations of the GDPR.
Additional security aspects
- BlueSpice supports the most diverse authentication mechanisms to meet your security requirements. In addition to the connection of user directories via LDAP, single-sign-on via Kerberos or SAML can be realized. The use of two-factor authentication is also possible.
- BlueSpice is always built on proven open source technologies with short patch cycles. By disclosing the code, security gaps can be quickly detected and closed.
- BlueSpice can be operated without access to external sources so that no information flows to external service providers. Therefore, BlueSpice can also be used in intranets that are closed to the outside world. Internet access is not absolutely necessary for the operation of BlueSpice.
- Hallo Welt! takes various technical and organizational steps to ensure the protection and security of the infrastructure and your data. We strive for state-of-the-art technology in all areas. In 2019, we were certified according to the Cyber Essentials standard.
Request an orientation call
This might be interesting
BlueSpice is a brand of Hallo Welt! GmbH, a worldwide leading provider and consultant for MediaWiki solutions.
Our company was founded to make the technology and concepts of Wikipedia usable for companies. Since 2007 we have been developing the knowledge management platform BlueSpice based on the open source software MediaWiki. With our growing team of more than 20 employees, we offer companies an enterprise software for the implementation of integrated management systems, documentation systems, organization manuals, intranet wikis and flexible knowledge bases. We ensure that your wiki project is professionally planned, implemented and maintained. Let’s wiki together!