Advantages of central authentication
- Quick and easy access to the wiki with the user’s company-wide password.
- If the connection is made via single-sign-on, it is sufficient to log on to the workstation once for automatic wiki login.
- The user administration in the wiki is always up-to-date, because users are added, updated or deactivated centrally.
- You ensure that only authorized employees have access to your wiki.
How it works
When a user wants to access BlueSpice, BlueSpice checks with the central user administration and finds out whether the user is known and has provided the correct password. If this is the case, he or she gets access to the wiki. What users can see or edit depends on the user group to which they belong. User groups and their rights are administered directly in the wiki. It is also possible to synchronize user groups with the central user directory.
- Connection to an LDAP directory:
The “Lightweight Directory Access Protocol” (LDAP) is the common directory service, not only in Linux operating systems.
- Connection to an Active Directory (AD):
The directory service provided by Microsoft Windows Server is, of course, also one of the connection options supported. The AD also uses the LDAP protocol.
- Automatic login with single-sign-on:
Users are directly logged on to BlueSpice with their Windows identification. The login is done via Kerberos.
- SAML connection:
The “Security Assertion Markup Language” (SAML) is a framework for exchanging authentication and authorization information for web services. It is often used for cloud services outside the corporate firewall.
All connection scenarios are generally possible for users of BlueSpice farm.
Request a first consultation call
BlueSpice is a brand of Hallo Welt! GmbH, a worldwide leading provider and consultant for MediaWiki solutions.
Our company was founded to make the technology and concepts of Wikipedia usable for companies. Since 2007 we have been developing the knowledge management platform BlueSpice based on the open source software MediaWiki. With our growing team of more than 20 employees, we offer companies an enterprise software for the implementation of integrated management systems, documentation systems, organization manuals, intranet wikis and flexible knowledge bases. We ensure that your wiki project is professionally planned, implemented and maintained. Let’s wiki together!