- Documents of a particular size, in special formats, or at defined storage locations in the file system are accessible to wiki users.
- Documents remain at the storage location and do not have to be migrated into the wiki.
- Existing user rights are retained. The documents can be found, but can only be read and edited with the appropriate permissions and access options.
Connecting your enterprise search engine
Elasticsearch is key: Search outside your wiki or make the contents of your wiki available for other search engines.
- With Elasticsearch, BlueSpice can be expanded to make a central, company-wide search function. Elasticsearch also searches and indexes documents that are located in a connected file system and thus enables easy access to related knowledge and relevant content. Your file system, other wikis, SharePoint lists or data from Lotus Notes or a document management system can be connected to the search.
- Conversely, it is also possible to have BlueSpice searched by other systems. If you already have a central company search engine, BlueSpice provides interfaces to feed search results from the wiki into this engine.
Connecting external data sources
This functionality makes it possible to query different sources. It is delivered with BlueSpice pro.
- Include data in a machine-readable format in the wiki and process it further — in a tabular format, for example — or for the creation and evaluation of semantic queries.
The following are all possible data sources:
- External URLs (via the SOAP protocol)
- Local wiki pages and local files (CSV, XLSX, JSON, XML, GFF)
- Metadata from databases (MySQL) and LDAP server
Request an orientation call
BlueSpice is a brand of Hello World! GmbH, a worldwide leading provider and consultant for MediaWiki solutions.
Our company was founded to make the technology and concepts of Wikipedia usable for companies. Since 2007 we have been developing the knowledge management platform BlueSpice based on the open source software MediaWiki. With our growing team of more than 20 employees, we offer companies an enterprise software for the implementation of integrated management systems, documentation systems, organization manuals, intranet wikis and flexible knowledge bases. We ensure that your wiki project is professionally planned, implemented and maintained. Let’s wiki together!