Institut Dr. Foerster GmbH & Co. KG
Smooth migration thanks to careful preparation
With the help of a migration checklist, a careful examination can determine whether migrating the existing data makes technical sense or whether a manual import of the data is more economical for the customer. We evaluate, among other things, the following aspects:
- Structural migration: How do the technical basis and the storage logic of the source and target systems differ?
- Content migration: How can content be transferred from the source to the target format (wikitext)?
- Data homogeneity: How homogeneous is the data in its structure?
- Language: What is the target language for the migration?
- Media: How should linked and embedded media such as photos be treated?
Data migration and data synchronization options
Data migration using a script
If the basic feasibility has been determined, we will clarify further details in a specification workshop. This may involve renaming documents and files or assigning content to wiki categories. After programming a precisely tailored migration script, a multi-stage shutdown or handover process follows with the aim of minimizing customer downtime.
At the end of the migration process we find the activation of BlueSpice and the shut-down of the old system. And a satisfied customer, who can now easily and conveniently manage content in BlueSpice.
Data synchronization in real-time
Do you need ongoing data reconciliation between a source system and BlueSpice? No problem. Our software enables just-in-time synchronization via interfaces (API) or database dumps. And we can program the necessary interfaces for you on request.
Our migration workshop: For all those considering switching to BlueSpice
Do you already run a wiki or wiki-like software? Are you thinking of replacing your IBM / Lotus Notes platform with an enterprise wiki? Are you looking for an alternative to Confluence or Dokuwiki? In all of these cases, our migration workshop is the right choice for you.
Request an orientation call